The electric generators are designed for use with devices with wires attached to them. May be especially suitable for use in remote locations such as campsites and construction sites. Lights, small appliances, etc. can be connected directly to electric generators.
From the theoretical point of view (circuit theory) are two ideal types:
- electric voltage generator: a generator ideal voltage maintains a fixed voltage across its terminals regardless of the load resistance that can be connected between them.
- electric power generator: a generator ideal current maintains a constant current through the external circuit regardless of load resistance that can be connected between them.
Safety Data Sheet of electric generators:
A generator can be a valuable tool, but can also be extremely dangerous if not used correctly. If you are thinking of buying a generator, here are what you should know before doing so.
The generator can be a good way to keep computers, lights, refrigerators and other appliances running if a power outage. If someone in your home depends on medical equipment, a generator can provide much needed power in an emergency. Learn more about electric generators.
Safety requirements to electric generators
If you connect a generator to another power source could damage the device and seriously injure or kill you or a worker who may be working on nearby power lines. If you use a generator during an outage, it can be connected to another power source. By law, you are responsible for making electricity from your generator. When using a generator, his life and the lives of others may depend on the use to which it gives.
Electric generators come in many sizes. How to select the right size for your needs?
- Determine the "constant power".
- A generator works with a limited number of appliances and lights. Select the items you want to use the electric generator and add the power they use. The overall result of the sum will be the "constant power" you need, or the energy needed to keep these items running.
- Knowing the "constant wattage" of your appliances is not enough.
- Determine the power of "implementation" of their devices. Appliances with motors, such as refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners, may require two to three times their normal power when the engine starts. The generator you choose should have an increasing number of troops that meets or exceeds the addition of the "implementation". To determine the power of "implementation" of their equipment, figure twice the "constant wattage" of these elements and add the totals.
- The rated voltage. Most appliances are rated at 120-volts, but some large appliances such as ovens, dryers, etc.. are rated at 240-volts. The power of portable electric generators may be rated at 120 volts only, or a combination of 120 and 240 volts.
- Make sure the electrical generator you choose matches the voltage rating of the items you want to run. "Implementation" of their equipment, figure twice the "constant wattage" of these elements and add the totals.
With a wide range of electrical generators you can, connect from one computer to a mobile, silent light, easy to use with a high power generating capacity for a variety of electrical applications, maintaining the compactness and lightness. Electric generator with remote control with AVR system that regulates electronic stress, noise reduction mechanisms. Many key buildings rely on security: hospitals, schools, clinics, public buildings, etc..
More information about electric generators
For additional information about how to choose a generator can contact Genergy to Taigu Generators, or consult a qualified electrician.
- The Legislature intends to keep the electricity generated by permanent or portable electric generators reverse power an electric distribution utility of the enactment of this chapter.
- All electric generator inverter that is capable of being temporarily connected to the electrical system of a client, which is usually supplied by a utility or state or local public agency, will be connected only after opening the main switch of the client, so to isolate the customer's electrical system of the electrical corporation or state or local agency.
- Any electrical generator, other than a generator designed to run in parallel with the utility system to serve and approved by the utility, which can be permanently connected to a customer's electrical system shall be connected by a double throw switch to isolate the customer's electrical system from that of the electrical corporation or state or local agency.
- Any manufacturer of an electric generator portable or permanent electrical can be connected permanently or temporarily to a commercial structure, industrial or residential electrical system shall include a warning statement on the generator instruction manual and a label warning clearly on the diesel generator that explains the dangers of back into the distribution system of a utility. The same warning information will be included in all advertisements offering inverter generators.
- No person or public agency is sold, rented to another person or public agency, or offer for sale or lease to another person or public agency of an electric generator inverter unless legible warning label is a visible surface of the generator .
- All utilities or utility shall notify all electric service customers of feedback from electrical hazards permanent and portable electric generators.
- Any owner, occupant or tenant who owns and operates a generator when the electric generator is connected to a commercial, industrial, residential or structure of the electrical system that is connected to the service of a public utility or utility district, notify the usefulness of the location of the electrical generator.
TO PREVENT FIRE:
Before refueling the generator, turn it off and let cool. Fuel spilled on hot engine parts could result in ignition.